Every few months, I’d remember that I still had a roll of 120 film from last summer in my antique Argoflex TLR camera, and I’d promptly forget about it. On Sunday, I re-re-re-re-remembered and actually developed the roll. At first blush, I thought I had grossly and irreparably overexposed the roll. While all the frames are a few stops overdone (I suspect either a slow shutter or I misread my light meter), I managed to salvage a few frames.
Being that my Argoflex is 70 years old, the taking lens (the viewfinder) is pretty foggy and hard to see through. I really need to read up on how to clean the glass (I’m such a good procrastinator that it’ll probably take me a year!) before putting the next roll in.
Though this isn’t in focus, I kinda like the dreamy quality.
Really annoyed that this wasn’t in focus. Sigh! (Note: this was taken with the mom’s permission). Would’ve been cute.
Local surfer’s dog waiting patiently by the bike (that’s the black thing in the foreground)
This particular film, Kodak TMax 400, is somewhat blue after being developed; I’m not sure if it’s from the developer that I used or if it’s how the film looks. Googling isn’t helping. Either way when I invert it in Photoshop, it turns out with a sepia tone; normally I postprocess to remove that, but this time I liked it – quite fitting for the setting – and left it as is.